Tuesday 4 December 2012

Image Manipulation


                                                      Before:                                                        

 
 
Here, I manipulated the image by using the 'Polygonal Lasso Tool', to crop out the unnecessary white background from the picture above, and it allowed the model to overlap the mast head, with it looking proffessional without any white bars blocking the view of the mast head. I then used the saturation setting to make her look less pale and more like a celebrity, by adding more colour to her face and hair, to make her appear more lively and bright. This also helped make her clothes stand out aswell, as she is wearing a dark outfit. I then used the 'Fillers' tool, and changed the graffiti type background colour to dark blue and dark purple, to keep in with the convention of dark colours in R&B magazines.
 
After:
 
 
 
 Before:
 
 
 
 
 Here, I manipulated the image, by using the 'Polygonal Lasso Tool' (again), to cut out the unnecessary green screen in the background, so that I just have the cut out image to be placed upon my white background on the Double Page Spread. I then used the 'Quick Selection Tool', and moved my mouse around the cropped image, to select it. I then selected the 'Adjust Colour' feature from the 'Enhance' coloumn on the Photoshop features, and I used the 'Adjust hue/saturation' tool, and then colourized the image and changed it to the colour red, to contrast with the red layout of my Double Page Spread:
 
 After:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment